You never know what to expect when the doorbell rings on Halloween. Sure, it could be exactly what you’re expecting, kids eager to get some candy for displaying their costumes. But what if you opened the door and it was Freddy Kreuger or Michael Meyers come to life?!
While Halloween is filled with thrills and chills and it’s normal to feel a little bit nervous, there’s one way to make sure you’re safe: celebrate the holiday with a buddy. Be it a boyfriend, a girlfriend, or even your best friend, these costumes are perfect for couples who are looking for a pal to help them survive the spookiest night of the year!
1. UP is a beautiful movie about friendship and compassion, and it’s the perfect inspiration for a couples costume! You can be Russell, Carl, Bob…or even the house with thousands of balloons attached. Better make sure you don’t float up, up, and away.
2. When this boyfriend agreed to do a couples costume from Indiana Jones, he probably had something completely different in mind. Regardless, there’s no denying that this lady-Indiana and her boyfriend the boulder make a perfect duo!
3. Stranger Things hit Netflix the summer of 2016 and by Halloween, everyone was dressed as a “stranger kid”. This Halloween people have hung up their Eleven costumes and opted for a couples costume featuring none other than Joyce Byers and Jim Hopper.
4. Two of the most beloved thieves of all time are Marv and Harry, or maybe better known as the Wet Bandits from the movie Home Alone. This duo caught every detail right down to the iron burn and the doorknob branding.
5. The perfect couples costume should be about love and devotion, and there isn’t a force on earth stronger than Eleven’s love for Eggo waffles in Stranger Things…except maybe her powers and all, but still. This is one “sweet” costume.
6. Your best friend is usually your significant other, fiancé, husband, or wife, so why not choose costumes that encompass that bond? This couple went as Toy Story‘s Buzz and Woody! “You’ve got a friend in me” — and a Halloween costume partner for life.
7. Everyone knows what movie this classic volleyball is from. It has to be Cast Away! The heartbreaking bond between man and volleyball makes for the perfect Halloween costume. Plus, when your partner disappears, you can yell, “WILSON!”
8. Remy and Alfredo Linguini are the ultimate culinary pair from Ratatouille. Each are majorly dependent on one another and thus make for the perfect couples costume. You’ll have to carry your girlfriend on your shoulders the whole night, but still a very easy and very cute costume.
9. This couple doesn’t just share a love for one another, they also enjoy a shared interest in the movies of Wes Anderson. When it comes to couples costumes, this Royal Tennenbaums inspired duo is as good as it gets!
10. Moths and Lamps are the perfect pairs costume due to their irresistible attraction to one another. Not to mention you can have a ton a creative liberty with this idea, considering there are approximately 160,000 different species of moths.
11. He Who Shall Not Be Named may have been vanquished by the chosen one in Harry Potter, but the Malfoys ran away to avoid persecution for their crimes and involvement with the dark arts. This costumed couple made it clear Draco and Lucius have finally returned to Hogwarts.
12. Usually, when people dress up as character pairs from the Wizard of Oz they automatically go for Dorothy and Toto, or The Good Witch and The Wicked Witch of the West. This couple went a different route and dressed as Dorothy and the twister.
13. A costume like the double-stuffed Oreo is perfect for couples in new relationships who just can’t get enough of each other — you get to go trick-or-treating while hugging each other the whole time! Double stuffed, double the cuteness.
14. Star Wars is the perfect movie franchise to pull duo Halloween costumes from. Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, R2-D2 and C-3PO, Han Solo and Chewbacca are just some of the obvious pairs. But what about Jabba the Hutt and the enslaved Princess Leia?
. If you’re looking for an easy and simple DIY costume idea for you and your bestie, then look no further. If you lose your best friend at a party, you won’t even need to ask for directions back to them. Just go from point A to point B.
16. The Price is Right contestants try to guess the price of everyday household items and not-so-everyday household items without going over the correct amount. Clearly, the lady in purple knows something that Mr. Ohio State doesn’t.
17. If you want to relive your childhood, then this Nickelodeon duo is the perfect Halloween costume for you and yours. Watch your favorite episodes of Hey Arnold!, then grab your football head and uni-brow to perfect your Helga and Arnold costumes. Shout “Move it, football head!” at everyone to really add the finishing touch.
18. Everyone already says you and your significant-other bicker like an old married couple, so why not hoist your pants up high and borrow a nightgown for this easy DIY old couple costume?
19. Couples who want a really cute Instagram can dress up as the Man In The Yellow Hat and Curious George. Just grab some monkey ears, a yellow hat, and your girlfriend for that picture perfect ‘gram.
20. The Shining isn’t just a horror movie — it’s a cinematic classic. Two notable characters are the Grady twins, and naturally, they make for a perfect costume for couples! A Reddit user posted this photo stating it was the first time he and his girlfriend wore a coordinating costume. Nailed it.
When dressing up for Halloween, two is always better than one.
Share these couples Halloween costumes with your best friend below!