Every parent wants their children to have close friends. That’s why having an additional child is always an exciting time. It’s practically expected that they’ll form a familial friendship that will last a lifetime!
While these parents may hope that their children will be the best of friends, many people know that with an additional child entering the home comes a world of unexpected jealousy over who gets the most favorability.
The children in these photos certainly know a thing or two about vying for any and all the attention. The looks on their faces say it all…
1. The parents are lovingly adoring their newborn child, while their firstborn has other plans in mind. It begs the question, does she really know the meaning behind the gesture she’s giving? “Don’t just think you’re going to waltz in here and take all the attention from me.”
2. Here, a family is attempting to pose for a wonderful family portrait, though, one of the children wasn’t having any part of it. Does she know that her disdain for her sibling is being captured on film forever? “I’m still the most important!”
3. The writing’s on the wall, as they say and in this instance it reads, “Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy.” Kids really do say the darndest things. Let’s just hope the brother doesn’t read the wall some day.
4. That’s definitely one eviction notice that she’s going to remember for the rest of her life. It reads, “EVICTION NOTICE: Please note that you are required to vacate the premises within 27 weeks as the new tenant is expected to move in on March 10, 2014.”
5. The eldest child is a prime example of exactly how you want your child to accept a new sibling — with open arms. The middle child, though, well it doesn’t look like he wants any part of being an older sibling. “I liked it when it was just us! Now I have to split my cookies three ways?”
6. The look on his face says it all. He definitely doesn’t want any part of being an older brother at the time. “What, I’m just a little child myself. You can’t really expect me to know how to hold a baby right off the bat, can you?”
7. While some first born children might not initially be willing to accept a new child into the family they can at least put on an act and pretend. This girl, though? She’s not going to pretend to care for even a second. “Don’t expect me to smile any time soon.”
8. Nice try, but covering his eyes won’t just make him disappear altogether, if that’s what you’re thinking here. “If he can’t see anything, does that technically mean that I’m still the only child? No? Darn, it was definitely worth a shot.”
9. This older sibling looks like he didn’t believe his parents were really going to have another child when they told him. Then, when he arrived, he acted like he was too bothered to even hold him for a picture. “What do you expect me to do with him?”
10. Not only is this kid wishing he was still the only child, but he’s not even going to have any sort of emotional reaction to holding his newborn sibling for the first time ever. “If I just stare blankly into space maybe I’ll still be the only child.”
11. This child isn’t afraid to show her parents that she doesn’t approve of their decision to give birth to an additional kid. “Let me paint YOU a picture. I still want to be the only child of this household!” Let’s hope that rubs off…
12. What this older sibling lacks in subtlety, she more than makes up for in being straightforward about not wanting another sibling to arrive. Her sign simply reads, “not again…” Her sisters don’t really seem to happy about it either.
Those children don’t want to sacrifice any of the attention. Hopefully their parents know how to spread the love!
Share these hilarious sibling photos with your friends below!