As anyone who’s fallen in love will tell you, the pangs of Cupid’s arrow can strike at any time, especially in a place like Hollywood where good looks, talent, and financial security reign supreme. You better believe the crafty god of desire works overtime when he passes through that glitzy red-carpeted world.
As an actor, landing a role in a movie or television show alongside rich, beautiful, and accomplished people means a wandering eye is almost inevitable. However, sometimes that eye can actually lead to a blossoming romance, and there are plenty of real-life Hollywood couples who prove it.
1. Rose Leslie and Kit Harington: The onscreen romance between Jon Snow and Ygritte wasn’t just restricted to the set of Game of Thrones. Leslie and Harington tied the knot in real life so fans of their love had something to cheer about.
2. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds: Even though Reynolds and Lively were both in relationships when they first met on the set of Green Lantern in 2010, they soon ended up single and got hitched.
3. Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar: These two lovebirds met while battling a hook-handed killer in the film I Know What You Did Last Summer. They dated for five years before marrying in 20o2, and they’re still going strong today.
4. Rami Malek and Lucy Boyton: Boheniam Rhapsody, the biopic about the legendary rock band Queen, garnered plenty of attention and awards when it came out. It also created offscreen sparks to fly between actors Malek and Boynton.
5. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys: This Hollywood couple first met when they were cast as husband and wife on the gritty spy show The Americans. They went public with their relationship in 2014 and welcomed their first son two years later.
6. Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas: Fairytale love stories don’t just happen on television, and this couple proves it. They met on the set of the fantasy show Once Upon A Time and have been married since 2014.
7. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith: This A-list couple has been together since 1997. The two met while auditioning for roles on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Will Smith landed the role, but he also landed an amazing wife.
8. Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki: This couple started an off-screen romance after meeting on the set of The Big Bang Theory but ended up splitting. However, their characters on the show continued a relationship, so that might’ve been awkward.
9. Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin: Vampires not only love drinking blood, but they also love developing off-screen chemistry according to the show True Blood. Moyer and Paquin met while filming the supernatural show, and they wed in 2010.
10. Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem: 1992 was the year this Hollywood heavy-hitting couple first met while filming a movie called Jamon, Jamon, but they didn’t tie the knot until after reconnecting on the film Vicki Christina Barcelona years later.
11. Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied: In the film Black Swan, Natalie Portman performs some pretty intricate dance routines thanks to choreographer Millepied. He ended up asking for her hand in marriage two years after they met on the set.
12. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell: In 1968, this couple met on the set of the film The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band, but it wasn’t until 10 years later on the set of Swing Shift that their love came into fruition.
13. Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig: These actors delivered audiences plenty of scares in the film Dream House where they first met on set, but underneath the horror were mutual feelings of love from both parties. They wed less than a year after shooting the film.
14. Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes: The 2011 film The Place Beyond the Pines brought Gosling and Mendes together. They keep their life together private, but they do have two kids.
15. Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy: The set of the 2007 film Evening was where Danes met Dancy, and they wed three years later. Dancy actually joined the cast of Homeland for the final season so he could star alongside his wife.
16. Johnny Depp and Wynona Ryder: Tim Burton’s classic 1990 fantasy film Edward Scissorhands spurred an off-screen romance between stars Depp and Ryder. Unfortunately, it wasn’t for the long term, and they split two years later.
17. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield: Although this couple isn’t together anymore, they had a solid four-year run after meeting on the set of The Amazing Spiderman. How could anyone not fall for Spidey? Peter Parker got it going on.
18. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth: The film set for The Last Song was where these two met in 2009. They split in 2013 but managed to rekindle things three years later and are now on track to tie the knot!
19. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: While filming the action movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the couple admitted to falling in love. The two adopted several children and had a very high-profile marriage, but they called things off in 2016.
20. Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall: These two actors actually played brother and sister on the thriller Dexter, but while in their sibling roles, they fell for each other and had a marriage that lasted three years. Awkwardly, the show went on for much longer than their marriage.
21. Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum: The 2006 dance film Step Up was where these two actors pop-and-locked themselves into each other’s lives. They eventually married and had a daughter, but in 2018, they sadly split up.
22. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling: Funny enough, these two actors apparently had pretty terrible things to say about each other while filming The Notebook. However, they actually dated in real life for three years shortly after filming.
23. Joshua Bowmen and Emily VanCamp: These two actors fell hard for each other while on the set of the drama Revenge. They began dating in 2011 and finally tied the knot in 2018.
24. Vincent Kartheiser and Alexis Bledel: Mad Men co-stars Kartheiser and Bledel met when Bledel appeared in the show’s fifth season as a mistress of Kartheiser’s character. The two connected, and now they’re happily married.
25. Gwyneth Paltrow and Brad Pitt: Before the saga involving Angelina Jolie, Pitt was connected to Paltrow after they met in 1994 on the set of Seven. Pitt eventually proposed to Paltrow, but in 1997 the engagement was called off.
26. Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens: The 2006 tween film High School Musical was where Efron and Hudgens began their five-year romance. But like many high school romances, it didn’t last. They called it quits in 2010.
27. Dev Patel and Frieda Pinto: The Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire brought these two actors together, and they began an off-screen romance not long after. It only lasted six years, however, and they split in 2014.
28. Penn Badgley and Blake Lively: There must have been a lot of gossip on the set of Gossip Girl when these two actors started dating. However, their love just wasn’t strong enough to last, and they broke up halfway through filming the second season.
29. Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston: Both of these actors fell head over heels for each other while filming The Break-up. Ironically, they actually broke up about a year after the movie.
30. Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen: The sci-fi film Jumper starred these two actors, and it spawned a romance between them almost immediately. They dated for a decade before splitting due to very different lifestyles.
31. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux: During the filming of the 2012 comedy Wanderlust, Aniston and Theroux hit it off and were together for the next few years. They were married for two of the seven but went their separate ways 2018.
32. Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green: This is one couple who’s had a relationship full of ups and downs. They met on the set of the show Hope and Faith, married in 2010, then separated in 2015 (but didn’t divorce). It’s safe to say they’re taking things one step at a time.
33. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson: It had to have been difficult for a relationship between these two not to blossom since both these actors shared so much romance onscreen in the Twilight films. However, in the end, their love was more real onscreen than real life.
34. Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky: This actress-and-director duo met when Aronofsky cast Lawrence in his bizarre film Mother!. However, negative reviews of the film placed a strain on the relationship, and they split one year after they began dating.
35. Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise: During the filming of the NASCAR movie Days of Thunder, Cruise and Kidman met and then married in 1990. Eleven years later, though, they divorced. Maybe it was all the Scientology stuff?
36. Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper: The intimate scenes these two shared in the film The Words led to a real-life romance. However, one year later, both found themselves single and ready to mingle again.
37. Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton: This was one Hollywood couple who didn’t hold back from professing their love for each other, no matter how bizarre it was. They met on the set of Pushing Tin in 1999, but their intense relationship only carried through three years.
38. Amber Heard and Johnny Depp: The 2012 film The Rum Diary was where these two hit it off. However, Heard accused Depp of some serious physical abuse, and they divorced two years after their 2015 marriage.
39. Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez: The set of the 2010 movie Dark Tide was where Berry and Martinez caught each other’s eye. After dating for three years, they wed but only managed to make things last for three years before calling it quits.
40. Mia Goth and Shia LeBeouf: When Lars von Trier made his hyper-sensual film Nymphomaniac, actors LeBeouf and Goth fell for each other. However, they clearly jumped the gun, as their marriage only lasted two years.