Jokes don’t have to be that sophisticated to be hilarious. Sometimes, the obvious or easy punchline is actually the best one.
When a user on Reddit asked “What’s a joke that’s so stupid that it’s actually funny?” some people posted jokes that will make you roll your eyes—and laugh at the same time!
Take a look at some of the best ones, and try not to bust a gut!
1. Get it? Eh?
Okay so, just in case you missed it, think about the word “degree.” It describes temperature typically, but it also describes angles, and a corner is 90 degrees!
2. Ray Charles, the absolutely legendary soul singer and pianist, was blind from the age of seven onward. That never stopped him from having one of the most iconic music careers in history.
3. This presumes that the two calendar burglars worked out an even 50/50 split of the spoils. Most likely, one of them would have worked to betray his accomplice, so he could get the full 12 months.
4. Elephants never forget, so if they were able to find a particularly good hiding place, they could return to it every time they decided to hide there. It’s a perfect combination of talents.
5. Now this is the sort of joke that is a great reflection of anyone who really laughs at it. If you think this is funny, you are going to love the other ones waiting on this list. They’re even better!
6. This one goes out to the cat lovers and the French speakers out there. That punchline is sure to hit all of the right spots for those folks. Everyone else will almost certainly love it as well!
7. A classic pterodactyl/silent “p” joke. This is honestly all too often an ignored genre for the world’s comics. There is a lot of fertile ground to be found here. Just let those jokes flow!
8. This is both humorous and factually accurate. Easy to bust this one out at your next dinner party—people might be able to guess it, but they’ll surely be laughing as they do!
9. Ah, ol’ Frank the whale! Always such a card! No one knows what sort of hilarious shenanigans he’s going to be pulling next. (He might want to lay off the beer next time he goes to the bar, though.)
10. The classic switcheroo! Those fish would also likely be in some trouble as they are, well, fish out of water. Then again, they could also be skilled military personnel, and then we’d all be doomed.
11. Fair enough! It is hard to argue with the logic of this joke. Everyone knows that a good joke should make sense, and this one certainly does.
Brick + teeth = a very bad day!
12. “A teenage boy is getting ready to take his girlfriend to the prom. First, he goes to rent a tux, but there’s a long tux line at the shop and it takes forever. Next, he has to get some flowers…”
13. This is one of those jokes that makes you overthink things, and then it pulls the rug right out from under you. Sometimes, the most obvious punchline is the one that is going to end up landing.
14. This is the most dad joke of dad jokes. It really is incredible to think that these jokes are still funny, and yet, they get us every single time. The classics are classics for a reason, though.
15. Parking lots really are more of a black color, though, right? Like the asphalt is black and not gray, so this one vaguely misses the mark. Still, a really good one, though! We’ll allow it.
16. Oh, see, okay… the joke here is a play on one of the most famous lines from an award-winning 1994 film, starring Tom Hanks. That would be a hilarious password if he were a real person.
17. This is actually not true. A real sleepwalking nun is possessed and should be doused in holy water in order to remove the evil spirit. This is what is recommended in The Bible Chapter 3.
18. This is the best joke on the entire list because it takes an old joke, and flips it on its depressing head.
No one could have seen that response coming! The poor guy.
19. Good thing there is a registry online for these sort of things. People should be able to know when they have six offenders living in their neighborhood so they can keep their children safe.
20. Oh man, this is a dark joke. If you ever decide to use this one, make sure the company you’re with is going to be receptive to something a little more edgy. You don’t want to upset anyone!
21. Oh, that grandpa! Always stealing the hearts of lions. Maybe grandpa must also have a very good lawyer in his corner, or he’d be seeing jail time. Regardless, he must have quite the colorful stories to tell!
Why don’t lobsters share? Because they’re shellfish! (Couldn’t help it.) Feel free to try these on your friends and family. You might just get a laugh!
Share these silly jokes with your friends below!